An electric head shaver is an important accessory for all men. It helps in ensuring a sharp, neat, and clean look at all times. We’ve already cited a research conducted by Wharton Business School stating that a bald scalp makes men more attractive in our Best Shavers for Head Shaving post. This is why choosing the best electric head shaver must be an informed one. Given the wide range of choices in the market today, it can get extremely confusing and daunting to find the right one to fit your needs.
Some standard factors to consider when buying an electric head shaver are battery life, ease of use, warranty, performance, features, and accessories included. To make your life easier, we share with you the top 3 best clippers for shaving your head. These shavers will help in achieving a smooth and attractive look at all times.
Table of ContentsHide
If you are looking to attain a sharp look with precise shaving, this is one of the best clippers for shaving your head with. It comes with a smart sonic technology that increases the power of the tool automatically on denser hair and when navigating difficult areas. It boasts of a sturdy design and features an ActiveLift trimmer to capture all the flat-lying hair in problematic areas. These two technologies put together make for the perfect close shave without worrying about being cut.
This smart head shaver also comes with OptiFoil that has the power to cut 0.05mm of hair for perfect closeness. The blades and the synergized foil work in tandem with each other to offer you an effortless yet perfect shave. What’s more, it is 100% waterproof for easy cleaning! The Braun Series 7 790cc head shaver also boasts of a Clean&Charge station. It is a 5-action system based on alcohol that cleans, charges, and lubricates the tool and blades hygienically so that you can reuse them without the need to manually clean them like you would need to do if you were using the relatively old Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper reviewed in this post.
Series 7 of Braun shaver is a preferred choice among men as it is less expensive than Series 9 and excellent if you have sensitive skin. Series 7 comes in a lot of variations, and therefor, it can sometimes get confusing and frustrating to choose between them. As a rule of thumb, you can simply go for the head shaver that is the most inexpensive and fulfills your basic requirements such as Clean&Charge station and wet & dry use. The 790cc is the best for dry use. However, if you want one for both wet & dry use, you should go with the 7865cc.
What’s In The Box?
- Cleaning Unit
- Travel Case
- Electric Cord
- Cleaning Cartridge
Pros Of The Braun Series 7 790cc
- Comes with a lithium-ion battery that offers efficient and gentler shaving
- Flexible blades for maximal coverage
- Intelligent technology that adapts according to the density of your hair
- Less pressure and strokes needed during shaving
- Comes with 4 shaving elements, i.e., 1 SkinGuard and 3 cutting elements to capture your hair in a single stroke
- Autosense technology featuring 10,000 micro-vibrations that helps in capturing more hair with every stroke
- 5 Sensitive/Turbo modes so that you can increase or decrease the power according to how gentle you want the shaving experience to be
- Cordless shaving of 50 minutes with a premium display so that you can check the remaining battery time easily
Cons of The Braun Series 7 790cc
- The replacement blade can be a bit expensive.
Braun Series 7 790cc Price
Although it is a bit on the expensive side, this bald head shaver remains a crowd favorite due to its precision shaving and world-class technology.
The Philips Norelco Shaver 4100 is one of the more affordable head shavers on this list. It has a different shape than the Norelco QC5580 reviewed in this post, but with up to 17 days of shaving time, this is truly the best electric head shaver. It comes with highly durable blades, and the DualPrecision heads have been designed with holes and slots to comfortably and quickly shave short as well as long hair with relative ease.
It features the Aquatec Technology that enables wet shaving with foam or gel. This, in turn, ensures extra skin protection. That said, you can also go for a dry shaving experience with it if you prefer that. It is recommended that you replace the shaving head with an SH52/50 replacement every 12 months for efficient shaving. Another highlight of this head shaver is its integrated pop-up trimmer, which is ideal for mustache and sideburns.
The best thing about this tool that attracts users is that it is inexpensive and allows you to shave in whatever manner you deem fit. You can opt for a refreshing wet shave or a comfortable dry shave. Its design is fully washable to ensure easy cleaning. Moreover, it boasts of a battery full as well as a low battery indicator so that you would know when to charge it.
The Philips Norelco comes in a number of variations. The 4100 and 4200 are both dual blade and offer a reliable and quick shaving experience. There is not much difference between the two. They weigh the same and have similar ergonomics and rubber grips. They also have the same height and performance. The only glaring difference between the two is their color. While the 4100 is blue in color, the 4200 is red.
Another variation of Philips Norelco is the 5100. The obvious difference between the 5100 and 4100 is the price, with the former costing a bit more than the latter. Moreover, the 5100 weighs less than the 4100 version and is sleeker than its counterpart. You can find some key features such as a MultiPrecision Blade System and a Smart Click Precision Trimmer in the 5100 model. These features are missing from the 4100, although it does boast of a Flex & Float system and an integrated pop-up trimmer.
You can access the user manual by clicking here.
What’s In The Box?
- Electric Shaver
- Power Cord
- Protection Cap
- Cleaning Brush
Pros of the Philips Norelco Shaver 4100
- Flexing heads that adjust to every curve of your neck and face automatically for minimal skin irritation and pressure
- Comes with an option of a 3-minute quick charge for when you need just enough power for a quick shave
- Simply running it under a stream of water is enough to clean it, although the company also offers a cleaning brush if you wish to be thorough
Cons of the Philips Norelco Shaver 4100
- It can be a bit slow as compared to other head shavers that offer a quicker shaving experience
Philips Norelco Shaver 4100 Price
You can order the Philips Norelco Shaver 4100 at a super attractive price on Amazon.
If you are looking for a high-end razor with an innovative technology that serves as the ultimate shaving tool, your search ends at Braun Electric Razor Series 9 9290cc. This head shaver by Braun can easily be regarded as the most efficient in the world. It is super gentle on the skin and comes with 5 synchronized shaving elements. This ensures that you can capture the hair in a 3-day beard with ease. It also comes with 2 specialized trimmers with a titanium coating so that you can capture even the trickiest hair easily. Furthermore, the 2x OptiFoil offers perfect closeness to ensure a long-lasting shave.
Just like the Braun Series 7 shavers, the Series 9 also comes with a plethora of variations. The main difference between 9290cc and 9295cc is the color scheme. While the former has a matte and silver finish, the latter has a shiny and glossy chrome finish. In the end, the entire line of Braun Series 9 electric head shavers is excellent and won’t disappoint you.
Pros of the Braun Electric Razor Series 9 9290cc
- The Synchro-sonic technology that comes with 10,000 micro-vibrations ensures more hair capture with every stroke
- Can be used dry, with gel, foam or water
- It’s waterproof, which means that you can easily clean it under a stream of water
- Comes with a Clean&Charge station to help lubricate, dry and charge it hygienically at the touch of a single button
- The most advanced lithium-ion battery ensures you can shave for a month on a single charge
- Super durable and will last up to seven years easily
- Comes with the auto-sensing technology to navigate around problematic areas and get more hair in every stroke
- Comes with a travel case
Cons Of The Braun Electric Razor Series 9 9290cc
- Some users might find it a bit too expensive
Braun Electric Razor Series 9 9290cc Price
The Braun Electric Razor Series 9 9290cc is one of the pricier shavers available, although it justifies the cost, thanks to its blistering features and performance.
When using one of these tools to get the right shaved look, ensure that you get the angle right so that you do not end up missing any spots. You can find more shaving tips here. Also, before buying a shaver for yourself, assess your shaving needs properly so that you buy the tool the best fits your preferences and requirements.